Who?

Kirkland, Washington, United States
Artifacts of an experience

17 April 2008

Cappadocia, Turkey

www.patricklovephotography.com
It was nice to get to Cappadocia. I've been here a few times before and I feel like I know my way around. Dad and I went hiking the day we got there and got lost almost first thing! It was getting dark and we ended up traversing a few fields and valleys in order to get back to where we were supposed to be. Oh well, got one good photo out of it.
dsc_4241 copy
The next morning I wandered around Avanos. The original builders and inhabitants were Armenian. I always feel a mixture of joy and sadness when I walk these streets in the morning. Such a pretty place, but everyone that once lived here met an unfortunate death.
dsc_4268
dsc_4284
dsc_4288
DSC_4269
Cappadocia is known for its old churches carved right into the rocks. This is one of them.
DSC_4341 copy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful.